Sarasota Business Litigation Lawyer
Even successful businesses run into legal problems that cannot be handled internally. A Sarasota business litigation lawyer can help protect your interests and ensure that you file a lawsuit only when it is necessary and there are no other means of resolving a dispute. Litigation is always a last option, but if you do end up court, you need experienced counsel at your side.
Types of Business Disputes
Business litigation covers a broad range of issues ranging from disputed transactions to complex questions of federal commercial law. Here are just a few of the controversies that might prompt you to seek help from a Sarasota business litigation attorney:
- Breach of contract – Perhaps the most common type of business dispute, where you do business with someone who fails to live up to their end of an agreement.
- Breach of fiduciary duties – Aside from contract, Florida law imposes certain duties on parties to a business relationship, such as corporation and its officers, which may be the subject of litigation.
- Shareholder lawsuits – While often associated with large, publicly traded companies, businesses of all size may face lawsuits from shareholders who question the legality of management decisions.
- Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices – Florida law protects consumers from certain “unfair methods” of business competition, which can lead to litigation over subjects such as false advertising.
- Fraud and Misrepresentation – A party to a business transaction alleges the deal was a product of fraud or misrepresentation.
- Theft of Business Assets – We are not talking about an employee who takes a box of pens home. Business asset theft is a serious problem, especially in the Internet age when digital assets are easy to steal, such as a rogue employee selling a copy of his employer’s customer database to a competitor.
- Interference With Contractual Relationships – Competition is part of any business, but when a third party intentionally interferes with a contractual relationship between two companies, the affected business may have a cause of action.
An Integrated Approach to Business Litigation
Whatever the subject of your business dispute, litigation is a complex undertaking. Every dispute is also unique, so there is no “one size fits all” approach to business litigation. Many problems can be resolved without going to court, but it may still represent a significant commitment of time and resources.
Our attorneys will work with you to assess your situation, research the underlying legal issues, and develop an integrated approach that best meets your needs. After all, the ultimate goal of business litigation is not to waste time in court, but to reach a solution that lets you focus on making money and growing your company.
If you have a problem and need help, it is best not to delay. Our experienced Sarasota business litigation lawyers stand ready to assist. Contact Moran, Sanchy & Associates at 941-366-1800 to schedule a consultation today with one of our highly qualified business attorneys.